Dear colleagues and friends,
ICM2016 in Thessaloniki is already a history…
We hope you all enjoyed your time in Thessaloniki and that ICM 2016 is a ‘Conference to Remember’!
The scientific programme gave us many opportunities for stimulating discussions, exchanging ideas, communicating different perspectives and set up the future research directions in the fields of motivation, emotion and self-regulated learning. At the same time, the beautiful weather and the social programme offered the opportunity to spend time with our friends and colleagues, to meet new friends, to relax and have fun. Although the conference programme has been very intensive, we hope you found some time to enjoy our charming city, Thessaloniki, the numerous museums, the old city and the castles, the byzantine churches, the waterfront, the city walks, the coffee places and restaurants, the market, the people….
A total of almost 300 attendants coming from 33 countries, 130 cities, and 140 universities and institutions from all over the world participated in the conference and made it, hopefully, an unforgettable experience. The ICM 2016 programme was the result of your participation and your motivation for high level work. We highly appreciate your contributions in this wonderful journey to the Ithaca of a fruitful and successful scientific event!
Once more, we would like to express our sincere thanks to:
- the EARLI SIG8: Motivation and Emotion and the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki,
- the Chair of the International Scientific Board (ISB), Marina S. Lemos and all ISB members,
- the exceptional keynote speakers who gave great talks on different aspects of motivation, emotion, self-regulated learning and their development,
- the ICM 2016 summer school distinguished mentors,
- the ICM 2016 sponsors,
- SYMVOLI conference management team and, especially, Vicky Papadimitriou and Ariadni Hatzitatsi,
- our fantastic team of volunteers.
Thank you all very much!
On behalf of the Local Organizing Committee,
Eleftheria N. Gonida, ICM2016 Chair